Another great day of netball (I feel like this is the standard by-line for our League matches).
I’ve got to keep it short and sweet again this week, but the highlights are:
- Donington Diamonds v Bosworth Thorns – a good start to the day until the match ended with a triple fracture for the gorgeous Lisa Homer. She is home from hospital and surgery after over a week! We wish her lots of love and a speedy recovery.
- Coalville Rockets v Measham Mermaids – Rockets are the team to watch in Division 2. Another win sees them creeping up on front-runners Hornettes…
- Whitwick Flames v Overseal – Overseal are not to be deterred from the top of the table fight. Another high scoring performance sees them storming ahead in the Goals For/Best Attack category.
- Gracedieu Gems v Hinckley Hornettes – Hornettes were put through their paces by the spritely Gems, but took the win to maintain their lead in Division 2.
Meanwhile at Ashby…
- Ashby Flames v Gracedieu Diamonds – there was some speculation that Diamonds would come through the second half of the season to take the Division 1 crown… what was not taken into consideration was the tough competition in Division 1 and it is still too early to tell how the season will end. The closest match of the day.
- Coalville Jets v Ashby Fire – unfortunately Jets had to forfeit the match and so Fire were automatically awarded 30 goals and 8 points.
- Blaby v Measham Tridents – a slow start for Tridents but they came back second half of the match to narrow the difference and secure a bonus point.
- Bosworth Roses v Swad Swifts – another strong performance from Swifts saw them pull ahead each quarter to win the match.
Anyone that thinks the season is already decided is mistaken – anything can happen in the next few weeks., as some of today’s matches proved.
Well done everyone.